- Cari Copley (’15) began work toward a Master of Health Sciences degree in Physician Assistant studies from Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences this fall.
- Jackie Fisher (’15) received her MPH from George Washington University in May 2019.
- Jeanette Ricci, (’16) – Defended her PhD in Exercise Physiology at Michigan State University.
- Alex Fuentes (’17) started his Medical School studies in June with the Class of 2024 at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN.
- Matt Lemus (’17) began work on a degree in Occupational Therapy at the University of Southern California.
- Sarah Peterson (’17) started the Accelerated Bachelors of Science in Nursing program at Creighton University in August.
- Delaney Carter (’18) was accepted to the CSUN MPH program and began her studies this fall.
- Antonio Porreco (’18) will begin work toward a Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Azusa Pacific in January.
- Isabella Montgomery (’19) began studies toward her Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies at Western University of Health Sciences this fall.
- Taylor Farley (’20) completed the requirements for attaining the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) in July.
- Amenah Awawdeh (’21) was accepted into the Master of Physician Assistant Studies program at Creighton University.
- Daniella Janfaza (’21) was accepted into the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco and will begin her studies in the fall.
- Kayla Quiroz (’21), Leonardo Cerecedo (’21) and Gabriel Tafoya (’21) were all accepted into the LMU Masters program in Healthcare Systems Engineering and will begin their coursework this spring.
Alumni Social Participants
- Adam Afflalo (’09), PA-C, MPH, MSPAS, My Chula Vista Doctors
- Nichole Cote (Shuer) (’10), Nurse Coordinator, Mechanical Circulatory Support, Stanford
- Zachary Fenoglio (’11), Medical Education Manager at Stryker Sports Medicine
- Michael Herrera (’11), DPT, Regional Clinical Director, Evolution Physical Therapy
- Gianna Lum (Ligouri) (’11), DDS, Private practice in Vacaville, CA
- Diandra Newlin (’12), Senior Associate Consultant at Kaiser
- Meagan Orris (Sharpe) (’12), PA-C, Physician Assistant, LaSalle Medical Associates
HHSC Journal Club Guest Presenters:
- Zakkoya Lewis-Trammell, PhD (’13), Assistant Professor, Cal Poly Pomona
- Michael Evans (’14), Senior General Manager, Plus One an Optum Company
- Jeanette Ricci (’16), PhD Candidate, Michigan State University
- LaShyra Nolen (’17), Student Harvard Medical School